The Murphy Theatre would not be where we are today without our volunteers. Our volunteers have two main duties – 1) assist our patrons when they visit and 2) help promote The Murphy Theatre and its programs. They are also responsible for the safety and well being of our patrons, and present a professional and friendly face to our audiences to make their experience even more magical.
Our volunteers help us with ushering, selling concessions, taking tickets, selling tickets, cleaning the theatre after a show, helping in the office during the week, small maintenance projects, fund raising and tour guides.
To be a volunteer, you must have:
- An interest in the arts and a willingness to provide a service
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to please our customers
- The ability to read and comprehend the tickets and seating charts
- The ability to be prompt and dedicated to the task when assigned
- Attended an orientation and training session on the various duties
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age. Those under the age of 18 must have their parent or guardian’s written consent.